Honey Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups honey (one pound, if you drain the jar well)
- 2 eggs
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift flour. Add soda and salt to flour and sift again. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter. Add honey gradually to butter, by tablespoons at first, beating after each addition to keep mixture thick.
- Add 1/4 of the flour mixture to the butter/honey mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add chocolate and blend well.
- Add remaining flour mixture in thirds, alternately with water, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Spread in two greased 9 inch round cake pans. Bake in 350 degree oven about 35 minutes.
- Spread with a cream cheese frosting, or the frosting of your choice.